Original topic:

One UI 6 update crashed my Tab S9 ultra

(Topic created: 12-08-2023 10:39 AM)
KT111
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My S9 Ultra was in DeX mode when the update occurred , now there's a banner that says, Samsung setup wizard can't run in Samsung Dex. It's designed for tablet home screens. I've wiped the cache partition and rebooted. Samsung tech can't figure it out. Short of a factory reset I don't know what to do

17 Replies
Messorem
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Backup with smart switch app, then factory reset, then restore data with smart switch after the first setup
0 Likes
KT111
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Cannot access anything beyond just a black screen, no icons, just the home screen. After restarting or rebooting, homescreen, pin, then banner, and that's it. No way to access the smart switch app or any other apps
0 Likes
Messorem
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Are you able to access the settings?
0 Likes
Messorem
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
By pulling down from the top
0 Likes
KT111
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
No, nothing. Not a thing
0 Likes
KT111
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Able to click "done" button to finish the update. Looks like it's coming back to life since last night's update. Will restart.
0 Likes
user61PlOjyG8j
Constellation
Options
Tablets

How were you able to get to the "done" button?  I can't get around this message, 'Samsung setup wizard can't run in Samsung DeX. It's designed for tablet Home screens.'

0 Likes
KT111
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Everything seems to be working ok. I have my it to open in DeX when I open it with my book cover attached. It seems like Samsung didn't account for that update in DeX mode. Has anyone else experienced this? OneUI 6 seems to be very buggy. I hope it's not a tell as to what's to come. Thanks for your help Messorem
0 Likes
usera9zsqCCNw4
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi there,

This has just happened to me! Im so stressed.

I cant even get to the factory reset menu.

Please help me 🙏 

Many thanks

0 Likes