JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recovery Mode S9+

(Topic created: 08-18-2023 12:34 PM)
UserTimBo
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
How do you put this device in recovery mode.  I haven't been able to find a solution. 
8 Replies
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Plug your power cord into your S9+ and then power off. Once off, and still plugged in, power on device by holding volume up and power simultaneously. Once the Samsung logo appears, you can release the buttons. Tablet should boot into recovery.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Hey, thanks for providing this info! I've always wondered, is there a reason for the plugging in step? I have never done this with any device I've owned and everything has always been fine. I was just curious, if you happen to know. 😅
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Nope. I discovered that on my A7... made a post... figured it would work on the S9. Glad it did!
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
I assume it's for keeping battery charged while exploring the recovery menu, so if it drains before you're done doing whatever, it won't brick it?
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
A few people have said it also works when plugging in headphones lol. 🤣 Maybe the Recovery Mode in certain kinds of devices need a USB connection of some type, not necessarily power.
UserTimBo
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
That didn't work. All it did was reboot as normal
UserTimBo
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I think you meant plug it in it into a PC. That worked. Thanks
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
My fault! Must've got them mixed. Only did it once on my A7... thought I used plug.