JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Rectangle box

(Topic created: 04-12-2024 06:59 AM)
Tunningfork
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My son used my tablet and now I have a rectangle box on the screen. I have tried a bunch of stuff to remove it with no luck. I don’t use Samsung that much so I don’t even know what this box is. It is on the screen no matter what. Please help!

IMG_5994.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Tunningfork Does the box return when you exit safe mode? 

If so, you will need to remove 3rd party apps until you find the one generating that box. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
RobChilcott
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Your son turned on Dex. Pull down on the top of the screen to get the quick tab find dex and turn it off
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@Tunningfork It looks like you are in Dex mode. The Max app and Amazon shopping apps are both open. Have you tried closing those? One of those may have attempted to open a window and got stuck. 

Also does it appear if you exit Dex mode?

0 Likes
Tunningfork
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I’ve taken it out of Dex mode (I think) and it’s still there. 

image.jpg

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@Tunningfork My next thought is that something in Developer options is enabled or disabled. In Tablet settings, scroll down to the bottom and review the items enabled or disabled. 

[Edit] as a troubleshooting step, you can boot the tablet into safe mode. If the box is gone in safe mode, it could be caused by some 3rd party software.

0 Likes
Tunningfork
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Do you mean in Settings? And if so where do I look exactly to see if enabled or disabled? 
also don’t know how to boot into safe mode???

I am an Apple girl but my husband bought this tablet as he is Samsung guy. So struggling as I don’t use them much. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@Tunningfork Yes, Developer options will be all the way to the bottom of the Tablet settings... if it is enabled. But I was just trying out the different options and none of them seem like they would cause this issue. 

This article describes how to boot into safe mode -> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/#:~:text=First%2C%20completely%20power%20off%2...

0 Likes
Tunningfork
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

So the box is gone in safe mode! A bunch of apps are greyed out. What would be the next steps - do I need to reinstall all the greyed apps until the box is gone without safe mode? 

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@Tunningfork Does the box return when you exit safe mode? 

If so, you will need to remove 3rd party apps until you find the one generating that box.