Original topic:

Samsung My Files Update

(Topic created: a week ago)
LSVA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
What has happened to My Files? This last update removed the ability to work between multiple windows. Busted it down to walking paths and folders for every move or copy needed. That one feature made My Files the most productive file management app out there. IT MUST COME BACK! 
5 Replies
Jaxreissner
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I know it sucks šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Submit a bug report.   Can you be more specific with the issue so I can try to duplicate it? 

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
LSVA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I will send it from my S8+ in just a minute. After the update, when you have multiple My Files windows open and choose to move or copy a file in one window it does not give you the option to move here in the other window. Instead, it opens a little pop up window that allows you to navigate to the desired folder location within that little pop up and move there. Every file, every folder, one at a time. Currently, I have not allowed the update on my other devices to prevent this from taking effect on them and wiping out my productivity. Thank you for looking into this, and please don't this change stand.
0 Likes
LSVA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I just sent he report and attached a screen with two My Files windows in split screen showing the move feature no longer shows 'move here' in the second window. It only allows the use of the little popup window on the one window the action was taken. I can not stress just how unproductive this is. When moving or coping multiple files from multiple locations to orginize into a folder for closing docs or sharing relovent files with others. Building folders to drop relevant files or folders on a zip drive or shared via email, etc.
0 Likes
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Find a good third party file manager. The worst of them are better than the stock Samsung app.
0 Likes