Original topic:

Screen timeout in Tab S6 lite resets to 30 seconds

(Topic created: 12-12-2021 06:14 PM)
user2IfuBJzEoo
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Android 11, One UI 3.1 

How to turn off the "Optimized" setting that overrides the screen timeout of 30 minutes that I have set.

The old phone version answers do not apply, there are no comparable settings in this tablet. 

Where is this setting hidden?

TIA

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user2IfuBJzEoo
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thanks MochaVex for your reply,

I solved the issue. It was just too obvious. 

When the timeout occurs,  on the lock screen there is the option to change the length of the timeout.  I just wasn't expecting it there.  I set it to Never. 

Problem solved. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Just got my S6 Lite unboxed the other day. Not experiencing this issue so it's likely some other app you have installed.

Do a very thorough check through anything that attempts to save power

I do want to theorize a little.. did you restore the tablet from an old backup from anywhere? It might've restored an old setting that used the optimize settings feature. Meaning the setting was removed but the code remains in the app.

I've seen this happen with people coming from Pixels to Samsung and having the blue light filter turn on, but it was the internal Android OS' version, not Samsung's. So they'd have to use activity launcher to open it and shut it off manually.

Solution
user2IfuBJzEoo
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thanks MochaVex for your reply,

I solved the issue. It was just too obvious. 

When the timeout occurs,  on the lock screen there is the option to change the length of the timeout.  I just wasn't expecting it there.  I set it to Never. 

Problem solved. 

0 Likes