Original topic:

Tab A SM-T290 8 inch - wrong resolution

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 06:26 AM)
maxvan
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi,

I've buy a Tab A SM-T290 8 inch (Android 9).

It was supposed to have a resolution of 1280x800 

but when I do tests I only get 962x601.

I don't have the resolution option in Display settings

And the zoom slider is at the far left side.

How can I correct this problem ?

Thanks.

Max

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Then I believe that is normal for Samsung tablets, my Tab S4 does the same. thing.  I believe your app would have to use the full native screen as anything in an app will be smaller.......just a guess.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

We are sorry to hear about this. What are you using to test the resolution? Where was the tablet purchased?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
maxvan
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm a developper and I create an app and a windows needs to be in 1280x800 but it doesn't fit in the screen.

So I check the website http://whatismyscreenresolution.net/

And I test the resolution on my app and I get the same info.

I purchase the tablet on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/product/B07W91N3QL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Does http://whatismyscreenresolution.net/ return the same resolution when you visit it in Chrome as it does in your app?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
maxvan
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Yes,

962x601

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Then I believe that is normal for Samsung tablets, my Tab S4 does the same. thing.  I believe your app would have to use the full native screen as anything in an app will be smaller.......just a guess.

Bill
---

View solution in context

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Tab S4

Screenshot_20200717-120257_Chrome.jpg

Bill
---
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

That screen capture is 2560x1600 which is the advertised resolution of the Tab S4.

Bill
---
0 Likes
maxvan
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I just took a screen shot and the resolution is 1280x800.

I will look with my developpement software if there is some hidden parameter.

Thank you !

0 Likes