JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S3 Battery Drastically Draining After Pie Update

(Topic created: 09-24-2019 12:06 PM)
user3KQDKXUTaI
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The battery in my Tab S3 has been dramatically draining while the tablet is asleep since it updated to Pie last week. Last night I had the tablet charged to 100% before going to bed but when I woke up this morning it had dropped to 46%. Later on while it was asleep in my bag it dropped from 44% to 16%. Please fix. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userpIs3obmagv
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi there. I have the same issue as mentioned here. I found the quick fix though. As soon as the battery is fully charged, remove the power cable and just wake the tablet once. No battery drain anymore. Again, this is not the way it is supposed to be, but after so many desperate tries to find the solution, the above finally does the job. 

View solution in context

29 Replies
Micki945
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy! I had no issues before the update, but since it updated, I can take my tablet off the charger at 100% and leave it on my desk for a few hours and when I pick it up to use it, the battery is at 42-46%. My usage hasn't changed, I've done a factory reset, and still no luck. It's also very frustrating because the battery usage detail says nothing about any apps using the battery, just android this or that.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Have you played with the power settings by any chance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user3KQDKXUTaI
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

After I noticed the initial drop from 100% to 46% I checked the battery settings and clicked "Optimize". It claimed that Google Photos was using a high amount of battery so I put the app to sleep, but that didn't stop the battery from dropping later that day. 

-MaddMaxx-
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same here , all I did was update nothing else. Before update it would last day's on but not being used. Went to charge Thursday and it said use Fast Charger , I was using the same charger and cable since I got it no issues. Now it won't work with that one, anyway got the never used charger and plugged it in and no message charged 100% quickly, this morning I picked it up and was off and 0% battery  😠 just plugged it back in to charge

It's the UPDATE PERIOD ! No I won't do a factory reset too much stuff on it to try.    Overnight battery usage 

SmartSelect_20190928-103632_Settings.jpg

uservVDjWJoyqc
Constellation
Options
Tablets

my battery looks just like this, its horrible! Man Sad

0 Likes
userpeTSkC0Rn0
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I had the same issue with my Samsung Tab S3. For me, it seems to be related to having WiFi activated while the tablet is asleep. If the WiFi is active even when the table is asleep, then the battery rapidly drains. If I turn the WiFi off, then it signicantly minimizes battery drain while tablet is asleep. Also, if you know you won't be using your tablet for a while, turn it off and then you will not have any significant battery drain. I realize that it is frustrating to have to power off and then power on the tablet, but if you want to preserve the battery power, it's worth it. Hope that works for you.

0 Likes
useroGf2vVQfhh
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same problem here ! Ecxaclty the same.....

user6Gtj8f7jHS
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Samsung messed up with the pie software.

Even if you put the tab in the airplane mode with power saving mode on, the system wastes all the battery.

I have uninstalled all the apps after doing a factory reset.  Also put all the app into no background usage format.

Then turned on power saving mode.

Finally put the tab s3 in airplane mode.

Left the tab overnight after charging it 100%.

About 42% of the battery left after 10 hours of no usage.

Before the update, tab s3 would consume at most 5% of battery without any app/power management nonsense.

usery0sIvCb2IE
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Same problem here. Loved this tablet before the update.  Have posted the issue and no response from Samsung.  Is there any way of going back to the older android version?  SAMSUNG YOU NEED TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM.