JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S7 FE shut off randomly while streaming?

(Topic created: 10-17-2022 12:08 AM)
OHH4SHO
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Galaxy Tab S7 FE 128gb, TMOBLE 5G

Dont know where to go with this. Had this S7 fe for about 3 months now and today it just quit working. Was streaming Netflix off the charger with the battery above 90% when the device just shut off. Screen went black and no sound, I thought it was a pause in the movie but after about 20 seconds I tapped the screen to see it is was buffering and nothing. No screen, no sound, no power. Pushed the power button and still nothing. Tried the power/volume down method a few times with no success. Tablet is 100% unresponsive, plugged into its factory charger and still no response. 
 Any advice before I start looking up Samsung service locations?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OHH4SHO
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Unfortunately the tablet doesn't respond to anything. Samsung already set up my warranty claim but sucks im going to be without it for a week atleast.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
Did you hold down the power button?
0 Likes
Solution
OHH4SHO
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Unfortunately the tablet doesn't respond to anything. Samsung already set up my warranty claim but sucks im going to be without it for a week atleast.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Tablets
That's always a scary thing. I've heard of some simaler issues with the galaxy tab A7.

I can't figure out what is is by looking it up, because it's different for every model. But you might be able to force restart the tablet.

That's often done by pressing the volume down, and power buttons together for 5 seconds.

I don't know what the process is for the galaxy tab s7. But you can try holding down the power and volume down buttons for 5 seconds or so.
OHH4SHO
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I know you've done this but press and hold power and Vol down for up to 45-60 seconds.... yes, sometimes it takes that long.  After that it's toast. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes