Original topic:

Tab S9 + refuses to register fingerprint..

(Topic created: a week ago)
usersgwrkielQ5
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My new Galaxy Tab S9 Plus refuses to complete the fingerprint registration routine. >t stops at a percentage midway through the process and says that it's unable to continue.

My research show that this is a known issue. I'd like to know if Samsung has provided a solution. I have no issues with my Samsung phone, nor with my other tablet. Not being able to fully utilize biometric input will be a deal breaker for for and I'll have to return it if there's no solution.

Thanks!
3 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@usersgwrkielQ5 I haven't encountered that issue on my Tab S9+. Have you tried doing it while booted in safe mode?

If it works while booted in safe mode, you know that the issue is caused by a 3rd party app. To boot in safe mode, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/  

usersgwrkielQ5
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried it in safe mode. I've tried moisturizing my fingertip. I don't use a screen protector. There have been quite a few posts about this issue and I'm surprised that there's no standard solution.
JustCallMeAl
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My Galaxy S24 ultra suddenly won't allow me to login on my credit union app. Phone updated August 14 2024 and I have been able to login numerous times since then. Tech at credit union has A S24 ultra and has no issues. Restart cold boot uninstall app and repeat. No solution. Have to use a web browser to access the site.
0 Likes