Original topic:

Tab S9: unable to receive text messages

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets

Hi 👋 idk, but on my tab 9-Samsung. My messages receive text is not cooperating. I think I might need to change a setting. Thank you 

0 Likes
10 Replies
myraim
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I think it might be some settings right
myraim
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
🫢
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
You might need to take your texting problem to your carrier. They are responsible for your messaging working properly.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Which texting app do you want to connect with your phone?

Google Messages or Samsung Messages?

Google Messages, you do from your phone, tap on your profile picture, go to device pairing, open the QR code scanner, open the camera from your tablet, and scan the code.

Samsung Messages, open settings, go to connected devices on both your phone and tablet, call and text on other devices, toggle on your phone, text, or call whichever ones you want to turn on.
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets

I was using Samsung messages, I had tech support switch me to Google messages on both phone and tablet. All is good with the world in South Carolina :butterfly::sunflower::palm_tree::white_heavy_check_mark:️

0 Likes
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets
I'm trying to mirror my phone settings to my new Samsung 9 tablet. I think it's in the settings 🤔 on the tablet. I am going to check my settings now on tablet. I'll let you know if it works 😊1724088077614.jpg
0 Likes
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets
Omg, my brain 🧠 is not functioning, what is the difference between Google and Samsung messages 🥹
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Looking at your icons, you are using Google Messages so follow the instructions above. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets
Well I tried and waiting for a notification or SMS to come through. Thank you all. I'll keep you updated. Have a beautiful day :sun_with_face: :butterfly::sunflower::palm_tree:
0 Likes