Original topic:

Usbc to hdmi ultra tab s8-9

(Topic created: 05-22-2024 01:36 PM)
Sdeshwjack
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I get no screen dimming or screensaver activity at all while my Samsung s8. Or 9 ultra are plugged into my tv with usb c to hdmi.....

Horrible move in Samsung's part not to have tested that and seen an issue and they direct me here after.... For. Anyone that doesn't want screen burn while using their device on their tv with no lag and direct connection we need this issues looked at promptly... 

Anyone else have this issue or find a way around it? THAT WORKS? 
4 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Sdeshwjack
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

While my use isn't like your I use USB-C for my 4k connection to my monitor  for DeX and the screen saver doesn't work however the Tab and the monitor time out and lock after some time causing both screens to go black.

If you have a game on the screen just idling awaiting your return to gameplay it may be keeping the screen alive. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Sdeshwjack
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I dont use Dex I dont like what it looks like or the fact the quality lacks.... I woukd guess that Samsung prob left the screen dimming off when plugging directly into c to hdmi so that people end up forced to use Dex... I woukd have done that if I was a big company and wanted to move forward with Dex
0 Likes