JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why can't I see my passwords I saved in Samsung Internet app?

(Topic created: 01-10-2023 10:01 PM)
jodyw2
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I've been trying to find a password I know I saved using Samsung Internet browser on my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite.  I know I saved it because when I go to the website it is auto-filled.  I can also see it is saved in the list of saved passwords.  However, all that list tells me is the website address and the username/email I used.  Things I already know. There is seemingly no way to see the actual password, which appears quite ridiculous to me. I'm the one who made the password, surely I should be able to see it by proving my identity.

The problem is I visited a website and signed up for a course a few weeks ago, the course finally started and they gave us access to the full course material online last night.  This is definitely not functional on Samsung Internet on a tablet, it says it may work with Chrome, but Chrome hasn't stored any of my Samsung browser passwords.  Neither has Google.  I need to bring it up on my PC.  Now I'm scratching my head trying to remember the complex password I used when I signed up for the course all those weeks ago.  There's actually no chance of remembering the password.  I added a whole bunch of digits and at least one unique character.  Very secure password.

The only way I can see that I can fix it is to say I forgot my password on the website.  I don't want to be doing this every time though.  It's not even like I can use Samsung Pass or Samsung Wallet, that's a really short list of compatible devices.  I don't know why that's always the standard answer from Samsung, as it's certainly not available to all Samsung users.  Time to extend it to everyone, or maybe bring back Samsung Pass for those of us who just want a halfway decent and secure password manager.  Is there another password manager like this on Play Store? Actually no probably can't trust they're not leaking logins to a third party.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You need to look in the app that you saved them in like Samsung Pass or online in your Google account if that's what you're using. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

4 Replies
jodyw2
Constellation
Options
Tablets

PS Why did it keep saying I had invalid HTML in the body of my message?  I can write HTML but I chose not to for this post.  It said it had been deleted, but gave me exactly the same message again when I reposted it.  Finally I took all the tags off, which weren't even in the body of the message, and inexplicably it posted.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

It's a bug in the forum software. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userJ5AF3fIGJg
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Can't find any passwords
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

You need to look in the app that you saved them in like Samsung Pass or online in your Google account if that's what you're using. 

Bill
---