Original topic:

WiFi issues after UI update

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 10:20 AM)
userGjBcE7IoNv
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, SM-T220, which I use for work. I work on camera systems in school buses, and I use the tablet to connect to each camera system via WiFi so I can access a setup page through my browser. It's worked very well for this right up until the last UI update.

In the past, when I connected to the WiFi of a camera system DVR for the first time, my tablet would pop up a screen notifying me that the connection didn't have internet access, and give me the option to connect only once, connect every time or not connect. I generally selected "connect every time", and the tablet would remain connected to the DVR while I did my updating and adjustments.

After the most recent UI update on February 26, it no longer does this. It just connects to the DVR's WiFi, then seems to constantly cycle between "connected", "connected without internet"  and "connecting". When I go to the DVR's setup page in the browser, it's  very unstable; I often have to keep refreshing the page, or it won't load entirely, so I don't have access to some of the settings I need to update. It's made the tablet almost useless for the job I need it to do.

Any changes I can make to the tablet's network settings that will make it work properly with WiFi-capable devices that don't provide an internet connection? I don't have any problems with connections to my home router when I want to use the tablet online; it's only become a problem when I'm connecting to the camera system DVRs using a WiFi connection.

3 Replies
terminator9
Comet
Options
Tablets
i would try resetting all.wifi settings....cant hurt 1709420343011.jpg
0 Likes
userGjBcE7IoNv
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Tried this today but it didn't change anything. Thanks for the suggestion
jotadepicas
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same issue here after latest ui update. As a workaround, what has worked for me is changing the MAC setting back and forth between "use randomized MAC" and "use phone MAC" (in the advanced settings for that particular network). If I can't connect with one, I switch to the other and it connects. But no one setting is stable, I've been having to do this for the past two days. This update is broken.

EDIT: this happens to me in a Galaxy A72 phone, so I don't think this is a tablet-only issue.

0 Likes