JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Unable to verify warranty due to incomplete serial number"

(Topic created: 09-25-2021 03:15 PM)
Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I entered the one that shows under Status information in Settings as being my serial number, so I have no idea  what the deal is. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+, Wi-Fi version, bought new here in the USA from Amazon itself. I was able to register my Tab S4 a few years back, and now today my new S21 Ultra, with no problem. Fwiw I'm  on my S7+ as I write this, and I was on it when trying again to get my serial number accepted.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
24 Replies
Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Just wait until your warranty expires appears to be how this is playing out. I contacted support through the phone, jumped through the hoops, and no, using the Samsung browser or app isn't the answer. I sent everything Amazon had regarding my purchase, and that got rejected. Oh well, lucky for Samsung I'm a big fan of the hardware.
0 Likes
Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
And no, I wasted hours of my time already, so it's up to Samsung and step up. I'm no longer a lab rat for trying out unproven solutions.
0 Likes
Members_z2IemqL
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I had the same issue. This is what worked for me, I removed the tablet from the registered devices and then added it again and it registered.

0 Likes
hifalutin
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Just wanted to chime in and say that I tried exactly this for my Galaxy Pro laptop and I'm still getting the same error.  So bizarre.

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your device not registering, Just want to confirm are you inserting the letter at the end of the serial number? 

0 Likes