Original topic:

Samsung Freestyle Bluetooth Connects but no sound

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 06:53 PM)
Ikuartz
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

I saw another post about this issue with a marked solution that was nothing but "the issue sorted itself out". Since this is no solution, and I and many others still have this problem, but are unable to comment on the other topic that is marked as solved, I open again this issue to ask:

Did anybody solve bluetoooth conectivity issues?

Intended behaviour: I connect my freestyle projector to my Samsung MX-T70 Soundbox as I did since February and it should work.

Issue: Bluetooth connection is established, but no sound comes from the soundbox.

What I tried:

1- Alternating sound output decides between projector and soundbox. Projector emmits sound, soundbox mute.

2- Using soundbox as output for other devices (cellphone and MacBook). Both working as intended, soundbox outputs sound.

3- Disconnecting and forgetting soundbox, resetting projector, removing from power outlet for 15 seconds, restarting, connecting to soundbox. Still no sound.

4- Factory reset of both the soundbox and the projector. Still no sound.

5- I tried turning on and off the microphone too. That worked one time, immediately after I did it. When I turned the projector on the other day, no sound from soundbox.

Possibly relevant information: this started happening after I used the Freestyle to project the MacBook screen via HDMI.

I also tried switching on and off all options regarding HDMI input/output of information such as extended ranges of thingies, e-ARC and other stuff, but that was neither effective, nor I think relevant.

I humbly accept any and all suggestions, and please, everyone that has this problem, let us know! It's not just a few people now.

13 Replies
Richard6
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

Same here. Very frustrating.

Richard6
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

I did the following and it resolved the issue (not sure if this will always work, though):

• Turn off the projector
  • Unplug the power cord
  • Plug the power cord back after waiting for one minute or so
  • Turn on the projector
Odie too
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

Here’s another work around: connect the no audio earbud, then connect a Bluetooth loudspeaker (that should work), in that very menu you’ll be asked if you want dual output, confirm and you’ll hear both audio devices, then switch of the loudspeaker in that menu and you’ll have the earbuds working alone.

when reconnecting, surprise surprise, the earbuds now have audio!

Viacheslav
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

Have the same issue with freestyle 2. Didn’t find any solve for this problem, except physically poweroff with cable. It’s not ok. Give us update with fix of it, Samsung! 

Meghadeep
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

Same issue please fix this Samsung! This is frustrating!

Ikuartz
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

Further exploring the topic, I found a few workarounds, none of which are sure to work:

1- unplugging the power cord and waiting before restarting as written above.

2- connecting other audio source such as HDMI devices, or Samsung Dex remote desktop. This sometimes made the audio output play sound normally without even needing to disconnect and forget the device.

3- forgetting the bluetooth device, setting output to projector, turning off wifi (yes, that) then reconnecting Bluetooth device and then wifi.

Number 3, together with some failures to connect to router that the Freestyle started displaying over the last few months leads me to believe that some update made the bluetooth/wireless driver generate abnormal behavior in the hardware, but that is just a guess.

Thanks to Odie too for suggesting the double output workaround, I did not test that.

I will not mark any of the answers as solutions since workarounds are not permanent solutions and I hope this is not "working as intended".

Thank you all for your help while Samsung sleeps.

Emellar
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

Workaround 2 worked for me. Thank you 

Jsalaiza2024
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

That workarround worked for me as well, but have you heard any other final solution, like samsung released a new firmware, or did you take your proyector to a service center?

Juan Salaiza
0 Likes
Samsung_vnoguPz
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

Cuando enciendo el proyector antes que la barra de sonido conecta pero no suena, mi solución fue encender la barra de sonido antes que el proyector, en mi caso así hago que funcione tengo una barra Samsung T400. Alguien más que pueda hacer la prueba para comprobar si está "solución" es constante creo que es la más sencilla de las enlistadas en este post.

0 Likes