Original topic:

Check Filter Light

(Topic created: yesterday)
Sjpunome
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have thoroughly cleaned and washed the lint screen, and thoroughly cleaned out and vacuumed the inner area where the lint trap goes. Iā€™ve wiped down the sensors. And Iā€™ve unplugged the dryer for 10 min to reset and the light still comes on. What else can I do? Or is it safe to just disregard and use timed dry mode? I am not paying for service for something so basic. 

4 Replies
BndB
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
It's an air flow issue. Wash the lint screen wirh warm soapy water. If you slowly pour water onto it before hand youll see the water stand on the screen. Might drip but it holds. After washing it will not hold water.if it holds water it will definitely slow the air flow so the sensor will go off forever. If you use fabric softener sheets especially.if it's not that then move the dryer vent. Is it kinked , crimped or smashed? It needs to be as short and strait as possible. Dryers only have so much push power so if you have any issues with the vent from the dryer to the wall you're probably gonna find a blockage that's just gonna grow until your dryer quitesworking all together. Feeling air from the end or the vent outside or under the house or wherever it dumps isn't good enough. You're hand cannot determine its adequate air flow. The air way must be clear and must retain its structural integrity from the dryer to the last dump spot. If it's still triggering the indicator then you're gonna need to go inside the dryer. Wherever you're blower wheel is there could be a blockage. If not ten you might wanna call a service tech. Unless you feel comfortable doing diagnostic. Any info you would need to get into it and diagnose can be found on Google and YouTube. Just about anyway. Hope this helps and saves some monies.
0 Likes
Sjpunome
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

We normally have someone come and clean out the vent passage once per year. Weā€™re due.  Hopefully that solves it. If not then Iā€™ll have to figure out how to get it away from the wall and look inside to see if thereā€™s a blockage inside. Thank you for your thorough response.  

0 Likes
BndB
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Not a problem. Just one more thing. If the vent is only being swept or vacuumed from the outside it may not be getting g done thoroughly. Especially if there are a few beads in the vent or if it travels up a wall before it exits. Just a couple things I've run into myself.
0 Likes
Sjpunome
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

It does go up a wall and put over the length of my kitchen. Iā€™ve used these guys before. They do it from the side and outside with one if those really long attachments on a drill with a brush on the end.  We have two small kids so laundry goes 24/7. Itā€™s probably a mess in there after a year. 

0 Likes