Original topic:

Cracked Dryer Drum: NOT RESOLVED - Do NOT Delete My Post Again

(Topic created: yesterday)
Hardingmt
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi All,

Edit - Samsung what can consumers do about this issue? The cracked dryer drum continues to be an issue on multiple front load model numbers. Samsung customer service has now, offered twice to cover the repair and part for my issue. When the ticket gets dispatched to their service department, I get a call notifying me that they do not have a service center in my city and can no longer do anything to resolve the issue. They won't even send me the replacement part that they've previously agreed to cover. 

I've wrapped my head around buying the part at $350+Shipping and installing it myself but they keep sending me a link to a part number that isn't labeled anywhere explicitly as being an exact replacement for my model number.

They're wearing me down and I'm close to just trashing my 2year 1mo old $900 dryer over this manufacture defect.

Samsung - what should we do about this issue as consumers? What should we be telling others about what to expect from a Samsung Appliance/Customer Service?

Model # DVE45R6100V/A3

Samsung Community Admin deleted my post because they said that it was to similar to a previously "Resolved" post that is now closed to any further comments (I had originally tried to interact with those Samsung Community members but was blocked by a closed thread). So, I made a new post of my situation looking for others who have had a similar experience and possible solutions.

The issue is not resolved for me and many other Samsung customers.

Original Post:

I bought this dryer June, 2022. Normal use. Never tried to dry anything abnormal. Hear a clunking sound a couple days ago, pull out the clothes and find this crack. The crack causes the drum to ovalize like an egg at the rear of the dryer, thus the clunk with every revolution. The combination of paper-thin metal and inadequate engineering to support a normal load, causes a weak point in the drum that cannot hold up to typical use.  Searching for a solution, I've found posts on this community, Reddit, and other forums with folks having the same issue. This is not normal wear and tear, this is a major manufacturing defect. This is a KNOWN issue from Samsung and they refuse to make a move to make it right for their customers. There's even a class-action lawsuit that has started with this problem. A dryer drum should not crack after 2 years of normal use. The cost of a new drum plus installation is equal to or could possibly exceed complete replacement. Get it replaced with the same part? Then what? Likely to happen again in 2 years.

I've spent over 4 hours on the phone trying to get this sorted with Samsung directly. Yesterday I was able to reach a representative who moved me up the chain to a supervisor; then to another supervisor. Eventually I was given the green light that they will solve the issue for me and Samsung would cover both the parts and labor for the repair at my home address. My wife was there to witness the call (speaker phone) when the rep confirmed the solution verbally, and they sent an email verifying my ticket # saying:

"Samsung has given a one-time accommodation to cover the on service transaction xxxxxx5756".

I was satisfied with the solution and was eager for them to update me with a scheduled service date. 

A couple hours later I get a call from Samsung. They said there wasn't a service center in my area and therefore there was nothing they could do. End of conversation. I asked again for a supervisor and the rep told me that he would submit a supervisor request but that I wouldn't have a response for 48hrs.

They made it right... then went back on what they had promised. This is consumer ABUSE from a giant corporation who doesn't care that they no longer hold any standard of quality control. 

I requested that they email me our recorded phone calls. They have not yet. In order to talk with Samsung you have no choice but to agree to a recorded call. They do not have the right to withhold a recorded conversation.

Samsung, you have my contact information. You already agreed to the repair (parts and service). Make this right. You have my contact information.

-Massively disappointed and awaiting confirmation of the solution that we had already come to previously.

0 Replies