cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userooJdGKh2tb
Constellation

Dryer Model DV56H9000EP/A2 won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The dryer, like many other Samsung dryers, will not shut off when cycle ends. I must open the door to stop drum from turning. Pressing the power off button does nothing. I've read several posts on this website, and many dryers have the same issue. Why doesn't Samsung recognize this and correct it? The dryer is two years old, this is ridiculous. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer Model DV48H7400GW/A2 will not turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userEIWIyBrM8p, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Honestly if the unit will not power off after a cycle, repairs are needed. In order to look into this further please send us a private message and we can look into coverage for you. 

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer Model DV56H9000EP/A2 won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with the model and serial number.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userEIWIyBrM8p
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

It seems that your dryers are very faulty and will not last for more then a few years. MY dryer DV48H7400GW/A2 will not turn off. 

what is the solution to this. how can we fix it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userEIWIyBrM8p, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Honestly if the unit will not power off after a cycle, repairs are needed. In order to look into this further please send us a private message and we can look into coverage for you. 

Cableguy Bill
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem now with my dryer..  DV50F9A7GVP/A2  wont shut off.  This is ridiculous. Went to work and dryer has been running all day  very dangerous...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @usernp7AyRyYUY, mind shooting us a message so we can look into this a little further?

userZuc3qiru6h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Was is hot? Mine ran for 2.5 hours, would’ve been longer if I hadn’t come home. I opened it and it was extremely hot and it smelled burnt, my dryer is only a little over two years old and it also has been rattling from a year old!!!
userWiejB9TnbG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, there are a TON of these Samsung driers with this exact issue all over the internet, doesn’t even seem to matter what model # it is?  Mine, DV56H9000EP/A2 was purchased because it was the largest capacity washer out there, then it was recalled very quickly about the top needing bracing or some such. Now the dryer won’t heat or stop unless I open the door. Tried unplugging it, no help.  Took the control board and unplugged/plugged back in-worked ONE time and same old story.  For what I paid for these, they sure haven’t performed nearly as good as expected.  I’m told it’s the control board, but for the price they want for the part, I think I’ll just go buy a different brand?!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send your serial number to this link and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Annah
Constellation

Re: Dryer Model DV56H9000EP/A2 won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dryer wont turn off! This seems very dangerous! To have ANY machine that you CANNOT TURN OFF is extremely dangerous! @SamsungJam @SamsungLou  many many users are having the SAME problem. This machine needs to be recalled or the PCB replaced for free. This is not an isolated event. It is ALL of these machines. Please respond.