Original topic:

Dryer: plastic lining fell inside during installation

(Topic created: a week ago)
Mar777
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I was installing the electrical cord for a new Bespoke dryer and the plastic lining around the hole to install the electrical cord popped out and fell inside the dryer. Is that bad if I leave it inside?

8 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers
I would suggest getting it out and re attach it since that is there to protect the cable from rubbing against the metal and possibly causing a short.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Mar777
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Thank you. I did read some posts, and the back panel is a bit of a challenge to remove.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Washers and Dryers
My only concern is if you don't replace it and the wire rubs on the bare metal and tears a hole in the wire cover, the dryer will be electrified, and you will get shocked if you touch it

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

namleets
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
Use electric tape to create new barrier between cord and metal. And be mindful to put more tape where the chords might hit the most.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Washers and Dryers

I wouldn't suggest using tape since it's not made to handle high heat that a dryer produces it is recommended to replace the part with the original part

0 Likes
namleets
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
ELECTRICAL TAPE IS DESIGNED TO HANDLE HIGH TEMPS. ITS USED ON AUTO MOBILES. UNDER THE HOOD. So Gary your saying a dryer gets hotter than a combustion engine.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Washers and Dryers

I wouldn't recommend using it.

0 Likes
Mar777
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Thank you all for the recommendations. I did use electrical tape temporarily, and I just ordered a replacement.
0 Likes