JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do i move the vent from the back to the side?

(Topic created: 04-07-2022 08:26 AM)
userirmH0UOH3e
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Has anyone moved their vent to the side of their dryer? I can’t fit the dryer in the closet with the vent in the back. Here is a pic of the side which shows a circle. 
If possible to change, whom do I call, electrician or washer dryer serviceman? 
thanks 

SC

image.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Johno02
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Does your dryer have a knockout for a side vent?? If so, it is very simple, just needs an elbow inside. You need dryer tech as there is no electrical involved. Quell them ahead what you want, they may need to order a kit. And, if that never done one before, be prepared for stupid looks when you try to get it done. We found that techs are very resistant to anything different. If you are handy at all, it is real easy to do.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Johno02
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Does your dryer have a knockout for a side vent?? If so, it is very simple, just needs an elbow inside. You need dryer tech as there is no electrical involved. Quell them ahead what you want, they may need to order a kit. And, if that never done one before, be prepared for stupid looks when you try to get it done. We found that techs are very resistant to anything different. If you are handy at all, it is real easy to do.