Original topic:

Samsung Dryer dv48j7770ew filter light blinks red 5 times before it starts

(Topic created: a month ago)
Maggels
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Good afternoon.  Can you help me please? My Dryer's filter light blinks 5 times before the load starts. I have done the following after reading the manual: 

1. Vacuumed and cleaned the filter and where the filter sets in the washer.

2. Disconnected the hose from the back and vacuumed the discharge pipe internally and around the back of the dryer. 

3. I have inspected the dryer hose and brush and vacuumed it. I have also checked how it is venting to ensure it is doing so properly. 

4. I have unplugged it for over 5 minutes to see if that would reset it. It did not. 

At this point the only thing I have not done, is remove the front and vacuum the cover of the discharge system housed under the filter to the pipe. 

Can you please review and see if you have any suggestions? 

Thank you so much for your help in advance. 

Maggels. 

3 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers

I would suggest contacting Samsung support and get a ticket issued to have it checked out since you have cleaned everywhere it sounds like a Hardware issue that they would be able to resolve 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
Maggels
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you for your help. I might do that. I tried chat earlier but the auto bot did not connect me with a person.  I think I will call them.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers
Your welcome I always call and it's super fast and easy last time I needed a tech it only took a week to get my issue fixed

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes