JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Steam sanitize+ dryer - humidity buildup inside

(Topic created: 09-04-2022 08:21 AM)
Options
Washers and Dryers

So, my old dryer broke because it was too humid either inside or outside and water built up inside of it eventually leading to the dryer failing to run. I got this new dryer in hopes it was just the old dryer, but I noticed some humidity forming inside my new dryer. I wanted to ask, since this dryer has the steam option, would the humidity buildup damage this dryer, too? I can't figure out how humidity is getting inside of it. The flaps outside all close and everything.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi there, We appreciate you asking about this. There are many things that could cause the build up of moisture and humidity in your dryer. The most common cause of any issues in a dryer is a blocked exhaust system. This includes the lint filter, as well as the external exhaust hoses. I'm providing the following link that has in depth, detailed information on all the required maintenance for your dryer. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050526/

Another tip for excessive moisture in the dryer is leaving the door open after a load has finished. This allows air flow through the dryer drum, helping to evaporate any residual water. If none of these help resolve your concerns, please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message for further assistance.  

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi there, We appreciate you asking about this. There are many things that could cause the build up of moisture and humidity in your dryer. The most common cause of any issues in a dryer is a blocked exhaust system. This includes the lint filter, as well as the external exhaust hoses. I'm providing the following link that has in depth, detailed information on all the required maintenance for your dryer. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050526/

Another tip for excessive moisture in the dryer is leaving the door open after a load has finished. This allows air flow through the dryer drum, helping to evaporate any residual water. If none of these help resolve your concerns, please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message for further assistance.