Original topic:

Strange message on the washer readout

(Topic created: 04-29-2024 09:00 AM)
Errolv
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bespoke washer model WF53BB8700ATUS

After less than a year, my washer can't complete a load and displays a message, not a code:

Washer msg 1.jpg

ā€ƒ

Washer msg 2.jpg

I can't find these messages anywhere in any Samsung literature. A local repair person replaced the water control valve for $400 and that had no effect. 

What do I need to do to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Errolv
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Calibration wasn't the answer . So with a big sigh, I opened the machine to look at (change?) the inlet valves. When I went to disconnect the cold valve, I found a broken blue wire! Right at the connector plug. Can the wire vibrate over a year enough to break?

I decided no not buy a new wiring harness ($120) and re-built the blue connector. 

Problem solved.

View solution in context

7 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is what i located on Google 

When a Samsung washing machine displays the message "Check water supply faucets and restart", the machine drains water for three minutes and the power button is disabled. This message indicates a problem with the water supply, such as low water pressure or a low flow rate. 

Here are some things to check:
  • Water supply: Ensure the water tap connected to the washing machine is fully open.
  • Water hoses: Make sure the hot and cold water hoses are correctly connected to the respective taps and are not kinked or pinched.
  • Water hose mesh filter: Clean the filter at least twice a year to prevent buildup.
  • Drain: Ensure the drain is correctly installed and is not clogged or kinked. 

Other common reasons for a water supply problem include: Faulty water hoses, Dirty detergent tray, and Blocked mesh filters. 

If you're still having trouble, you can try disconnecting power for one minute and then trying again. You can also visit Samsung.com/us/support/service or call 1-800-SAMSUNG for additional support. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Errolv
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks for the quick reply, Gary. I did all the things suggested by the manual. 

• Water supply is full flow (even new faucets last year when we installed the laundry.)
  • Hoses the same. I pulled then out and ran them from a garden bib just to be sure. 
  • Those inlet filters were clean and I brushed then more anyway. 
  • The drain filter has a few tidbits, and I cleared that too.
  • The one minute reset made no difference.

We did not wash anything more than the usual laundry stuff for a year before this happened.

The Samsung chat-bot was not helpful and referred me to a human chat. The human chat referred me to an authorized Samsung repair near me. That happens to be an hour's drive away, not practical. 

As I mentioned, the service person we called (highly recommended by Lowe's) sold us the wrong part. They couldn't come up with a better solution. 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers

It could be the wrong part isn't allowing the needed amount of water to be supplied.  You should be able to get a tech to visit and see what they says you can use the link below or call 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

1 (800) 726-7864 and you should be able to schedule a tech to visit.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Twobuck40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
The problem is you bought a major appliance from a electronics company
Go get a SpeedQueen
Problem solved for 20 years
0 Likes
Errolv
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sorry, Cos. I forgot to say where I bought it. I didn't get the best buy, but it was Lowe priced. 

And a Samsung is a Samsung if it's from an authorized retailer.

Errolv
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I finally got a human on the Samsung Chat who dug into the problem and suggested I do an official Calibration (p. 28 in the manual).

Solution
Errolv
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Calibration wasn't the answer . So with a big sigh, I opened the machine to look at (change?) the inlet valves. When I went to disconnect the cold valve, I found a broken blue wire! Right at the connector plug. Can the wire vibrate over a year enough to break?

I decided no not buy a new wiring harness ($120) and re-built the blue connector. 

Problem solved.