Original topic:

WA45N3050AW/A4 Washer not spinning

(Topic created: a week ago)
userBWDbdE26TT
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having a problem with my washer where it doesn't spin. I had a technician look at it and they diagnosed it to be the clutch motor. It ran for a few days after replacing it but started to have the same problem.  I had a different technician look at it and they said it is the clutch motor again and the drive motor also.  I have taken out the two parts and run resistance tests against them. The motor seems to be fine showing a resistance of 5.3 ohms between terminals A & C and 10.4 ohms between terminals A & M.  But, the clutch motor indeed seems to be bad as it shows a resistance of 1108 ohms between the two terminals.  What could be killing the clutch motor over and over?  These are expensive repairs costing more than what I paid for the unit.  What are my options at this point?

3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers

if your repairs are costing more than a new unit, you may as well buy a new unit.

0 Likes
userBWDbdE26TT
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you for your response. I have already replaced the unit, but this one is sitting in my garage. I would like to fix it and either keep it as a backup or sell it. Do you have any suggestions on the resistance readings or what I should replace next?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers

Nah, I know nothing about that stuff.  I just have a rule of thumb about repair vs replace cost. 

0 Likes