9Series no updates

(Topic created: 12-01-2023 07:59 AM)
Golfiko
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi,

i have a 65MU9000 TV.

the TV doesnt get any new updates for a very long time, and it seems SAMSUNG is no longer interested in updating this not old and yet very expensive TV model. As a result, many of the apps remain in their old version and no new apps are available in the app library.

is this the end of the road for this model and SAMSUNG is basically forcing me to buy a new TV?

thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Thank you for you reply. Based on the information that I've read it appears that your Samsung Television is now over 5 years old now. Since you have the Latest Firmware installed. You're good until (if) they release a new Firmware Update

That doesn't mean that you can't update your applications. Samsung usually only updates Firmware for around three years Max.

Usually a new Firmware is updated if a major bug is found or reported by many users. I'm sorry but that's how it works.

1. Using your Samsung Television Remote Press "Settings"
2. Scroll down to "Support"
3. Press the "Enter" Button
4. Scroll over to "Software Update"

***If a Software Update / Firmware Update is available for your Television when you check. It will download the latest version***

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'm pleased that I was of assistance to you in a manner I was able to. Thank you!

Kindly accept my best answer as "Accepted Solution" on the answer you found answered your question. I hope that you will continue to purchase future Samsung Products. Also please note that many other Manufacturers follow a similar update policy with their Televisons too.

View solution in context

7 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
TVs are not like phones, they don't have many updates.
0 Likes
Golfiko
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The last one was almost 2 years ago. I don't think you can call an update a year or two "many updates". In that case, the "smart" tv isn't very smart. Now to keep it up to date, i have to buy a streamer with the newest apps

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
How are the newer apps, other than esthetics, different? What features or functions do they have that the old ones don't?
0 Likes
Golfiko
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Subtitles, content, bug fix

0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@Golfiko Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'd be pleased to be of assistance to you with your question.

Based on a quick Internet Search I found that your Samsung Televison was introduced in 2017. I found information about your model here:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu9000

Samsung 65" UHD 4K Flat Smart TV MU9000 Series 9 Webpage:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/UN65MU9000FXZC/

Please be sure that you have the latest firmware of your Samsung Television Updated:

According to Samsung's Support Page for your Television:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/UN65MU9000FXZC/#downloads

The Latest Firmware Version is: 1310.1 Released: June 29, 2022

I also searched for the US Model but it appears that (based on the information you provided) that your Television is for the Canadian Market. I could be mistaken. But that's what I've found.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I hope that I have been of assistance to you and have given you some resources to continue to look for the answer you seek. Thank you!
0 Likes
Golfiko
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thanks for the response, 

the latest sw is installed. The release was a long long time ago. How can i know if a new version will be available in the future. To be honest, i'm very dissapointed with samsung because of it. It wasn't a cheap TV and only after a few years it became old...

0 Likes
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Thank you for you reply. Based on the information that I've read it appears that your Samsung Television is now over 5 years old now. Since you have the Latest Firmware installed. You're good until (if) they release a new Firmware Update

That doesn't mean that you can't update your applications. Samsung usually only updates Firmware for around three years Max.

Usually a new Firmware is updated if a major bug is found or reported by many users. I'm sorry but that's how it works.

1. Using your Samsung Television Remote Press "Settings"
2. Scroll down to "Support"
3. Press the "Enter" Button
4. Scroll over to "Software Update"

***If a Software Update / Firmware Update is available for your Television when you check. It will download the latest version***

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'm pleased that I was of assistance to you in a manner I was able to. Thank you!

Kindly accept my best answer as "Accepted Solution" on the answer you found answered your question. I hope that you will continue to purchase future Samsung Products. Also please note that many other Manufacturers follow a similar update policy with their Televisons too.