JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dark area on the screen

(Topic created: 05-15-2021 10:44 AM)
userYiPOfKOzPU
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I bought a UE75MU7000 from John Lewis, UK in April 2018. This was exported to my home country Sri Lanka directly. I have been using the TV for the last two years without problems but today I noticed a dark strip on the screen that goes from top to bottom. See photos. 

I would like to understand my options to get this fixed. I am very disappointed that this is the second Samsung TV that gave me this issue. This is a 75 inch expensive TV and wanted to use it for long time. 

3 Replies
Jetster
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I recommend you get it fixed or replaced. When dark spots appear on the images it means the pixels have been overused/too bright or exposed to damage like heavy sunlight. Sadly it seems you have had this TV for a while so I doubt you'll be able to get it replaced from Samsung directly.
0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userd3Xj4clH58
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue.  A dark band going down one side of my screen just appeared. Out of nowhere.   The tv is only about a year old if that. 

0 Likes