Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 06-18-2018 12:55 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
userh9n7stfyxz
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I agree.  I want to use my receiver to send the signal to the TV  (Cable/Blu-ray/etc) in lieu of running separate HDMI’s to the TV smart box.  My smart box recognizes the master HDMI as a Blu-ray source but my TV signal comes through it when my receiver is sending the signal.  I would rather it say source and let me switch elsewhere.  Does this make sense?

0 Likes
Sam Soong
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Have you read my post on page 4?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Turn-off-auto-detect-HDMI/m-p/66582/highlight/true#M8843

Solved it a year ago, not waiting for Samsung, costs me 100 bucks on a switch, saved me 500 bucks annoyance 😉

0 Likes
userU3sIBPm5HG
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I've been looking around.  Will this "fix" also fix the problem where the unit "forgets" the HDMI label/settings?  I have a PS4 connected, and when the PS4 turns off, after a bit, the TV will remove the source from the list.  If it turn on the PS4 again, it will show as "unknown" source.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

What is your full model code?

0 Likes
userU3sIBPm5HG
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

UN55MU6290 running Software V.  1230

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Give this link a try. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@userU3sIBPm5HG I saw where troubleshooting steps were provided by @SamsungKim1. Did the link help? 

0 Likes
userU3sIBPm5HG
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

It did not work for me.

0 Likes
Sam Soong
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The 'trick' of the HDMI switch is that it is always on. So the TV doesn't notice any change of status.
It must be a powered switch and preferably 4K capable.

In my case I have a master-slave power switch as well, from which all the periferal accept the PVR is powered.
I.e. : DVD player, SCART converter, HDMI switch, Ethernet switch, Nintendo Wii etc. so I don't have power consuption when the TV is off.

0 Likes
usermMTTWjWS50
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Ok. Thank you . I am getting one today. Cant stand this problem any more!
0 Likes