Original topic:

Need changelog on what's new in Samsung Tizen 1341 update for NU8000 55 inch Model

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 05:56 AM)
Arun078
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I really don't like the newer ui in New Samsung TVs as it looks more like android Tvs

I liked the older tizen os ui which was unique to NU8000 model where it had light theme and allowed me to switch between other apps without leaving the current app(Smarthub)

Today, I saw my Samsung TV said it has an update tizen 1341, some part of me telling samsung would have ruined the ui with major change, so if someone can confirm me the 1341 update doesn't affect the ui, I can update it...

Please share the changelog.

Thanks

3 Replies
userONOSGYvrXr
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My AU8000 just got updated with the new interface as well. Hate the new font and the floating input bar. Also, they decided to shove ads in the guide ā˜¹ļø. They still haven't fixed the bug with the input menu when the source button is pressed, which was broken in the last update. This is why I hate updating Samsung TVs, as updates tend to make the user experience worse rather than better.

As for your question on the change log, Samsung doesn't publish them publicly. All they state is that the update improves performance & usability. Yeah, right.

userONOSGYvrXr
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Update: Just noticed that the font being used now is so big that the date & time on the info screen no longer fits on a single line like it used to. My NU7100 still displays the date & time on a single line with the original font.

AU8000 Date & Time.jpg 

New font, AU8000

NU7100 Date & Time.jpg

Original font previously used on the AU8000, NU7100 pictured

xoneabovex
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
There is an extra space after the date. I think they did not care much about the user experience when they updated the software. They should have included Google Assistant if they wanted to make it more like the newer models. I do not like Bixby Assistant on the NU8000. It hardly understands what I say, except for simple commands like "Dynamic Picture Mode." It is not very useful for me.
0 Likes