Original topic:

Samsung NU8000 @4k -120Hz ?

(Topic created: 08-03-2019 05:03 PM)
userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi everyone , I was wondering if anyone got their 65 inch TV to work at 120Hz whilst connected to a PC .

The furthest I could go in resolution was 2560x1440 .

I have pushed it further in the PC options but the TV crashes at 4k 120 Hz .

Isn`t this supposed to work at 4k 120 Hz or is 1440p the max it can go? 

I feel like this is simply a software issue with Samsung , an update could easily fix it , allowing it to go higher than 60 Hz at 4k . 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Regretfully, I would be unable to speculate on any future offerings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

14 Replies
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The TV only supports 1080 and 1440 @120hz.

In order to achieve 4K/120hz you need HDMI 2.0 or DP, neither of which the NU8000 have.

0 Likes
userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi there, could you please tell me what is DP?

Is there any way we could get hdmi 2.1 with an upgrade (talking about that "box" or software) ? 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Good morning! DP is short for Display Port. Unfortunately, HDMI 2.1 cannot be obtained through a software upgrade, and requires the proper hardware. I apologize for any inconveniences!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thank you for your reply. 

Just to be  100% sure,, will there be a solution coming in the future or not?

Will we get like a box (to buy seperatly) which will allow us to use hdmi 2.1?? For me, as for a lot of other owners, is very important to know as we would simply love to pay you the extra money  just so we'd enjoy a truly immersive experience.

Even now, 4k at 60 HZ is good as it has a really low input lag.

Love the TV  , simply would love the potential upgrade to it

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thank you for your time

@SamsungRei wrote:

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

You are welcome! Please don't hesitate to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns!

0 Likes
usergQj4mMfJNz
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Dear Rei,

I have the NU800 and on my PC I am restricted in playing on 4096 x 2160 to have a access to my contrast, color sharpnes option in my TV menu.

If I go lower 3840 x 2160 I get washed out colors and  my contrast, color sharpnes option in my TV menu become unacesible (grayed out (unavalible uption) same for 1440p and 1080p.

I don't understand why this happens my HDMI cable is certified and at cinematic 4K I get good image quality with HDR and all on my GTX 1080 TI.

Is my TV broken do I need to replace it? 

Thank you for your kind help.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hey! Try this link out, also have you tried using the setting in the Nvidia control panel or try altering the display settings by right-clicking the desktop and going to display settings then advanced display settings?

0 Likes