JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
newpower1999
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Sigh.....No HDR yet.....COME ON SAMSUNG! SMH 

0 Likes
user4nVVFgdgSU
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Dude, after failing while following the previous answer (just as you did), I read yours and I assure it looked like you read my mind with your comment. Went exactly through two websites looking for solutions, reinstalling the app didn't work for me either, unplugged the TV as you said for 10 mins, and PRESTO! Netflix worked.... I wish I had done that right away as well. 

286 days later...

Thank you. 

0 Likes
userfPFdaV3uPP
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Unplug/plug worked for me too … thank you!!!  Sounds like the good ole days of calling IT tech support 😃

0 Likes
userQQI1JULh0i
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

My Samsung is just over 1 year old and i have the same timeout issue on both netflix and amazon    what did you do to fix it?

0 Likes
useruDD30Raaqa
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The answer for me was in back of Samsung manual SUHD-TV. They acknowledge prob w Netflix. Go to MENU> smart hub> reset smart hub. They ask for pin. I used 0 0 0 0. Voila! It worked. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
useresQ4N1Iimz
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

This also worked for me.  Menu -> Smart Hub -> Reset with PIN 0 0 0 0

Then can log-in to netflix successfully.

userQQI1JULh0i
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

My Samsung smart tv is just over 1 year old and i have the same timeout issue on both netflix and amazon    what did you do to fix it?  Im ready to return this darn TV 

My samsung washer was just recalled   whats going on with Samsung?

0 Likes
user6B1T1oN7Z7
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

If you figure it out let me know please. I've been on the phone with both Netflix and Samsung because it won't playback the HDR content. And from all my tests and phone calls it all points to Netflix because it appears they are reducing the playback speed on their servers. So it doesn't matter how fast you internet speed is. They will throttle it and it will be below the 25 mbps that's needed to playback HDR content. There is a option in the settings in your Netflix app to "check your network". Check that and see if it's the same speed that your paying for coming into your house. I bet you it will be much much lower. I'm paying for 100 mbps. When I do the test in Netflix it reduces the speed to below 20 mbps which is below the 25 mbps required to playback HDR titles. It will playback 4K titles at those lower speeds as well as playback HDR in 1080p, but not 4K HDR like they advertise. I called Netflix and they claimed there is no such speed test in their app. LIARS!! I'm looking at it right now. They are reducing the speeds on their end so it keeps their costs down and then making false claims by advertising the 4K HDR titles that won't play in 4K. I really wish someone would figure this out so I could watch the 4K HDR titles. 

0 Likes
userK1QpZm9Kb0
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I'm having trouble with my Samsung Smart Hub TV my netflix app is not showing even showing with the other app youtube ect. I,ve called samsung samsung an its not we tried reseting, updating and still nothing I' really upset. Any suggestion?

0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

There is an "apps" menu that shouild contain the Netflix app.  Press the Smart Hub on the remote to bring up the apps banner.  On my set, there is a small, separate box of 4 on the left-most side.  In that box of 4, there is one box that has three touching squares of different sizes.  If you click on that box with the three squares, an "apps" menu appears that should contain Netflix.  Click on Netflix and it should open for you.  After that, it should be in the apps banner each time you select SmartHub on the remote.

Hope that works for you.

0 Likes