Original topic:

S90c freezing

(Topic created: 12-10-2023 11:42 AM)
userHHXK4fzn1W
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

I have a 2-week old S90c OLED that keeps freezing when watching movies in an app.  

I see this has been a common problem (with no solution from Samsung) on other TV’s.  Does anyone have any insight?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for letting us know. For anyone that is only having issues with one app, we recommend reaching out to the app developer for further assistance. However, it sounds like most of you are experiencing issues with multiple apps and devices. If the troubleshooting steps previously provided did not resolve the issue, we recommend setting up service as the next step. There are a few service options based on your warranty status. 
If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: http://www.Samsung.com/us/support/service/location or reach out to any local repair shop.
2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different models that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: 

View solution in context

28 Replies
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is it connected wireless to the internet? What is signal level? How many bars?  The best solution is a direct connection to the cable router.

0 Likes
userHHXK4fzn1W
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes connected wireless and I ran a speed test at the same time and it was fully functional.  It is not the Internet (this doesn’t happen on my other TV).

Panfilo907
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same thing happens to me. Ran my LG on same app at same time on same wireless Internet and had no problems

0 Likes
GracelessTarnished
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same here. It's driving me crazy. It only seems to happen on Hulu. Also, for some reason my Bose 700 soundbar randomly stops working on Hulu only.

MikeN19
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unhappy S90C owner here... crashes when streaming, especially live sports (soccer) on ESPN+ and Paramount+. Wireless signal is strong as the router is 20 feet away. I spoke with Samsung and Best Buy support, but no joy there.

MikeN19
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OK, here is my take on the S90C (QN55S90CAFXZA) to be precise, which I am returning.

The picture is fantastic, wide viewing angle, and sound is good even without a sound bar.

Here is the bad:
1. The TV crashes when streaming (with multiple streaming sources). Power must be removed, and the TV turned back on to restart. Three times in the same day was too much.
2. With all the preinstalled apps (which can't be removed) the TV has 4G of memory  but only 1 gig is available for new apps, saved app data, buffering, etc. I believe this is the cause of the TV crashes.
3. About 1 gig is taken up by the device manual! If the TV doesn't work what good is an embedded manual?? It can be easily downloaded from the web to any device with a browser.
4. My final gripe is about upscaling which doesn't seem to work for SD 16x9 content. That content is displayed with black bars all the way around!! 4x3 SD content is fine (bars on the sides), and wide screen is fine as well (bars above and below).

Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Did you happen to test if this issue is happening only when running the app on the tv vs running it on firestick or apple tv or other external devices... reason being those external devices have more storage then the tv for that matter. Like for example my fire stick has 8gb storage compared to 4gb on the tv.
0 Likes
MrsTdr
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is extremely frustrating. Our TV is also a few weeks old. It keeps freezing up on various apps for long periods of time.

Gschreiber73
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is a known issue and Samsung is nothing but worthless in addressing it. Complete crickets. I would say Samsung has absolutely horrible support, but that would imply they provide support. Time to return this dud and never look back…to Samsung.

0 Likes