JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings App will not populate option for Smart Calibration on iPhone 15 Pro Max

(Topic created: 11-27-2023 12:28 PM)
J0812
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recently purchased a 65" S90CD OLED television, equipped with the smart calibration feature. When I click the option on the TV, it displays a QR code and tells me to download the SmartThings app and connect my TV. No problem.

The TV is connected to SmartThings, and I have a whole host of options - ambient features, the ability to open apps on the TV, and use the app as a full blown remote for the TV. All of it works without issue, and as expected.

There is now option for Smart Calibration. I've read all the how-to guides and know exactly where the option should be, but it's not there. I've looked everywhere within the app to ensure I'm not missing it. From researching the issue on these forums, I noticed it was, for a time, a problem with the iPhone 14 models. I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro Max and wonder if its extended to those as well.

For reference, I've already reset the connection between TV and SmartThings. I've deleted the app and re-installed. I've factory reset the TV. I've renamed the TV. Nothing solves the issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My apologies I would recommend calling them directly using the provided number. As we do not have as many resources as the smart things community will have at their disposal as this is a smart things issue. I would also recommend trying a previous iPhone if possible to see if this still occurs. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
Wboshart
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hopefully you get some response…I have the same issue. Got an email response once and it was the generic, reset the app, reset the tv, then they said the matter was closed. Their customer support for the app is bogus

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you haven't done so already, make sure the app and the TV are updated to their latest firmware/software. You can check out the Smart Things Community or by giving them a call directly at 1-866-813-2404 for further assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
J0812
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The app and TV are both on the latest firmware. I posted this in the SmartThings community and it was moved here by another moderator, so that is of no help.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My apologies I would recommend calling them directly using the provided number. As we do not have as many resources as the smart things community will have at their disposal as this is a smart things issue. I would also recommend trying a previous iPhone if possible to see if this still occurs. 

Glen_Cove_5511
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just installed a new S95C, have it added to my SmartThings app and on the same Wi-Fi network as my iPhone 15 Pro. When I open the TV device in my SmartThings app on my iPhone, Smart Calibration is not listed. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

J0812
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue here - S90C + iPhone 15 Pro Max. No calibration option listed in the SmartThings app. Phone and TV are fully connected and working together otherwise. 

escapers
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem with QN900C and iPhone 15 Pro.. 

0 Likes
Glen_Cove_5511
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for confirming it's not just me. I really wish I could give it a try.