Original topic:

Unable to turn off audio description on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
mybuddyomar
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Sunday evening fox tv programming in California is offered with audio description broadcast. Symbol “AD” shows up at the beginning of each program. My Samsung TV has Video Description turned off as default but the broadcast continues to describe what is happening on the screen in addition to the underlying original programming broadcast. It sucks as someone is talking over the original programming describing what is happening on the screen. I reset my TV as well but no help. TV model is UN55TU700DFXZA and software update is version 2501. It makes it a terrible experience. Please help. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@mybuddyomar Does it happen with all shows or is it only that one? If only that one, perhaps the sound engineer at the broadcast booth has accidently sending AD as standard audio. 

0 Likes
mybuddyomar
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

It happened with the evenings entire lineup of shows not just a single show on Sunday night. The lineup of shows provides Audio Descriptions (AD). Shows that don’t offer AD doesn’t have this issue. These shows are prime time spots. I suppose if it keeps happening again next weekend then it may not be an engineer’s one time mistake. I’ll coordinate with my neighbor to see if they had the same issue on their tv next week. 

0 Likes