cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

65” KS8000 dark shadow center of panel

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dark vertical shadow near center of screen, running the full length of the panel top to bottom.  Just happened a few days ago while I was playing PS4 pro.  Have tried screen test, resetting to factory etc, issue unresolved.    

Very disappointed in this TV, had it for just under 2 years.  Looks like this happens a lot on these, will never buy Samsung again. Smiley Sad

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: KS8000 Dark shadow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if you are experiencing the symptoms above confirm the following:

Make sure the unit is not plugged into a surge protector

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the dark shadow appears during the picture test, service is required.

The moderators here research symptoms on a case by case basis. If the troubleshooting steps above did not help feel free to send me a private message with your full model and serial number. I would be happy to look into some service options for you Smiley Happyhttp://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: 65” KS8000 dark shadow center of panel

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung repair service "lost" my ticket number... so they cancelled my service call.  I have confirmation email with ticket number.  Is there anyone that can help?  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with the full model code, serial number and a ticket number: Link

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I’m trying to send a PM and it is saying I have sent too many and need to try again later?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@thomcoogan We haven't gotten any, please try a different browser. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
sent, thank you
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally was able to get a hold of the correct department with a new ticket number...  

$200 just to come take a look at the TV.  Just to look at it!  I understand the TV is out of warranty, but its only 2 years old!  

I have to pay $200 up front to take a gamble on a $50 repair or a $1000 repair??  

Ridiculous.

Never buying samsung again.

shadow on 65" KS8000

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've gotten a few missed calls from samsung since I was told I had to pay $200 for someone to come look at it.  Whenever I call back it is a nightmare to get a hold of someone.  Is a mod able to look up my ticket and see if anything has changed?  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We can definitely look in to this. Please send your ticket number to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @SamsungLou, we're having a similar problem. It's a horizontal shadow through the middle of the screen of our 75 inch Samsung. Can we get some help with that?