JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

(Topic created on: 8/2/20 10:14 PM)
userUm4WvGg0lK
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to me yesterday. I turned on the TV to this screen. I tried all inputs with no luck. I've had the TV for a little under 3 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 year mark.  I use Samsung products in our home and they never have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family. It's really disappointing. Could you please provide a solution?

28A12BA6-C3F3-46CB-AA44-E56FD584D233.jpeg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
91 Replies
MalteMicha
Halo
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
a failing capacitor or buffer? Somethings up with the motherboard for sure on this if thats all its doing. A loose and or shorted component.
0 Likes
Dtoxz-
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Same thing happened with my KS9000 and when I posted on here, they deleted my post I'm done with Samsung altogether.
0 Likes
user31FjTitt6W
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Welp... Like many others my KS8000 seems to have fallen victim to the vertical green line broken panel. I have used it for a few years and out of nowhere it shut down and then turned back on to this. Cannot find a repair shop locally that will touch it and at a loss for what to do. I have only purchased Samsung TVs and hadn't had issues until this one. I already had to replace the input box once and now with this I fear it might be time to move on. 

Does anybody know how I can get this fixed? I spent so much money on this TV and while I know it is out of warranty, I loved it while it was working and don't want to give it up. IMG_1396.jpeg

Seijitsu
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 55 inch Samsung KS9000 TV randomly started showing vertical lines and shadowing on all inputs. I was somewhat surprised as I own 4 Samsung TVs. Three of which look as good as day one and are older than my KS9000. I have been an exclusive Samsung TV owner and have always felt that the Samsung name meant quality. So, I am disappointed that this TV is starting to fail only after  3-4 years. I hope there is a solution/fix for this issue.  

Many thanks

IMG_2602 (2).jpg

0 Likes
userZRUyXQvYVt
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I started getting vertical colored lines today on my un55ks8500 TV. I tried unplugging everything and then only pluggin power back in and it is still doing it.

0 Likes
user0ljm5hEEEg
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Having the same issues as the other members posting. TV less than 4 yrs old started getting the vertical lines. I have read mods can help get this fixed or exchanged. Any help is appreciated.20200915_162444.jpg

0 Likes
user0ljm5hEEEg
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just to add... I am original owner. I purchased TV new.

Thanks 

0 Likes
user0ljm5hEEEg
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Any help or direction to remedy this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Pooslanger
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Has anyone has any success with getting this repaired, either via a mod on this site or via a repair shop/self-repair?

Also, does anyone know the T-con part number for a 55KS8000 so that I can try the replacement myself (assuming I won't get much help from Samsung on this).

Thanks!

0 Likes
userFfXtGD0gcd
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

They use mutliple T-Con boards in this TV. You have to take the back panel off your TV to find out which part you have. By the way, I am having the same issue as the others here.  I replaced the T-Con board and PSU in mine and the same issue is still occuring.