JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 10-07-2017 02:07 AM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
userEeQAzhYXuF
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have this problem with my Nintendo Switch too. It's driving me mad, I just missed a goal in the Liverpool vs Arsenal game because of it!!

Edit: I'm on a KS7000

0 Likes
user0Pic4DgzlX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
What amazes me is the fact that employees of Samsung for certain own these same products and are experiencing the same issues, yet still refuse to escalate the repair.
0 Likes
usermMTTWjWS50
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So I received a "solution" from Samsung.  I currently have all external devices (ps4, blu ray, comcast box) connected via hdmi into my receiver, with one single hdmi going out from receiver to the Samsung TV.  I get the "no signal" message about every 10 mins.  I was told to not have the hdmi from the external devices going into the receiver.  The Samsung rep recommended that I wire hdmi directly from source to the TV, with the audio signal from the device plugged into the receiver.  I was told that this would fix the issue.  Can anyone confirm if this is true or has tried this.  

0 Likes
userSOBcjGJCMg
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So they have suggested a direct HDMI connection for every device as opposed to going through a "passthrough" on a receiver? Doesn't make sense. Firstly the main issue is switching source on the TV - which will be the same as they are proposing - secondly if you keep the audio through your receiver you will have to do two changes to view content with the right audio matching the right picture. My connections go through the Samsung OneConnect box - all inputs to the 4 HDMI ports and the OneConnect cable to the TV - my receiver is simply connected with TosLink from the OneConnect box for those times I want some more sound processing. This is a "direct connection" using Samsung equipment and still shows issues.

0 Likes
user0Pic4DgzlX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All my devices are connected directly to TV.  I don't have a receiver but chose the Samsung Curved Soundbar that matches my curved 55" screen.  Have had the HDMI auto-detect problem from the start, and the only method I found to stop the auto-detect is to hide the device behind a HDMI SWITCH.  Unfortunately mine is only a 2 port switch and only the non-selected port is hidden selecting either PS3 or Xbox360 console.

0 Likes
userrnSXrAZEP0
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine is setup with my switch plugged directly to the TV With my receiver handling my Xbox.  My TV still randomly changes to the source that my switch is on so that is not a fix. 

0 Likes
Amerika
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yeah, I do not have a receiver.  My Switch and other consoles are plugged into the samsung HDMI box I got with my TV.  If I power on any of those consoles my source instantly switches.  Which has been quite the annoyance but I simply accepted it...up until this point where my Nintendo Switch is constantly changing my source to it despite not being on (it happens when it's powered off and in sleep mode).

Again, Samsung can claim this is a Switch issue but it wouldn't BE an issue if we had the option to turn this annoying "feature" off.  I want more control over my TV, not less.  It's right up there with how annoying it is to try and use any of the settings.  Or how if I reboot my PC it instantly turns off Game Mode despite me primarily wanting to play games on my PC on my TV.  Why aren't all of these things manual settings that persist through power offs?

Seriously, this is my first Samsung purchase and it, at this point, is definitely my last.  I am a Best Buy VIP member and I am considering talking to them to see if they will simply take the TV back at this point.  It's simply not been a good experience outside of general picture quality.  Virtually everything else is broken.

0 Likes
usersnlkRR2Ros
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

hi my tv went to ext evey time i turned it off so i had to reset it , after a few days i noticed that my grandson had left the wii console on so i turned it off and that fixed the problem.

so if anyone has a console that works via the ext check its turned off and the red light shows,hope this works for you as it did for me good luck.

0 Likes
SergioGomesPire
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is the solution for the HDMI auto-detect

HDMI AUTO DETECT TOGGLE

The HDMI Auto Detect feature can be turned off on Samsung 2016/2017 TVs using the remote control by pressing a certain key sequence (either IR or Bluetooth remote works).

1.      Make sure TV is updated to latest firmware version
2.      Switch TV to TV source – HDMI may not work with BT Smart remotes. TV source works with either remote
3.     Using IR Remote: Mute + 7 + 2 + 9 + Exit 
4.     Using Smart Control: Mute + Vol Down + Ch Down  + Mute 

PLEASE NOTE: TV does not display any messages after you press the above key combination. This function is a toggle. So if you want to turn HDMI Auto Detect on again, press the same key sequence.

0 Likes
userBSOmGEtDS0
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
useroWjpiSgU61,

This sounds awesome. Where did you get this information from?
0 Likes