JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A20 QRScan on Samsung Internet no longer available

(Topic created: 08-17-2024 07:48 PM)
Diyoun
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Since the A20 camera does not have a QR Scanner, I had been able to work around this by using the QR Scanner on the Samsung Internet as suggested by the Community. It had been working fine since 2021. However, when I went into Samsung Internet today, the QRScanner is no longer available. Does anyone have any suggestions for QR scanning on the Samsung A20?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usssera
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Would Google Lens scan it do you think? Just trying to think why the browser wouldn't have it. Unless you're in secret mode. It's available on my a54 maybe you need a new phone or a 3rd party app to facilitate the qr scanning.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
usssera
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Would Google Lens scan it do you think? Just trying to think why the browser wouldn't have it. Unless you're in secret mode. It's available on my a54 maybe you need a new phone or a 3rd party app to facilitate the qr scanning.
Diyoun
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I tested Google Lens on a QR code and was able to pull up a pdf. Would this work on a QR code to pay for parking? I need to do more test.
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That to me says the qr code was good quality. Maybe the other code is bad resolution. Your Samsung browser should have it in the Google home page search bar I'm in secret mode and see it. In version 26.0.1.3 clear cache of browser update it if needed, clear camera cache and try again. Allow camera permission as well. And yeah, I think it will work for parking if not take a photo of your parking with time stamp and see if they can't offer another way to pay.
Diyoun
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It never occurred to me to use Google Lens. I didn't know I could visit the web link to complete the parking transaction. Much Mahalo (thank you).
usssera
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Okay, that is good news. Good job.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Microsoft Lens scans qr codes as well and I love Microsoft
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I always read qr codes through the cameta.
0 Likes
Diyoun
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Unfortunately, I learned after I bought the A20 in 2019, it's camera did not read qr codes. Customer Service did not have an answer so I relied on a suggestion from this Samsung Community. The suggestion worked for 3 years, until the QR scanner feature was deleted from Samsung Internet, perhaps when it was updated. So, I'm glad to find out, again through this Community, that Google Lens on my phone's browser will work and is a good alternative.
0 Likes