JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A35 brightness slider gone from notification panel/drawer after 2024.08.06 update

(Topic created: a month ago)
yomuppet
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

A35, unlocked. Model: sm-a356u1, oneUI 6.1, build up1a.231005.007.a356u1ues3axg3, security patch level July 1, 2024

I did the 2024.08.06 update, and no matter what I do the screen brightness slider is gone from my notification panel. It shows only when I drag down a second time to expand the quick panel a second time, then I can adjust the brightness.

I've rebooted the phone. I've restarted the launcher/home. I've turned "eye comfort shield" off and on again. I've turned dark mode off and on again. I've turned auto brightness off and on again.

I have "show brighness adjustment always" turned on , and I've turned it off, then on again. I've gone into adb and done:

a35x:/ $ settings put system pms_notification_panel_brightness_adjustment 0
a35x:/ $ settings put system pms_notification_panel_brightness_adjustment 1

Nothing seems to work, to get the screen brightness adjustment to show up.

12 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That is where the slider is now, on the bottom of the quick panel screen.

0 Likes
yomuppet
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

No, there's an option "always show brightness slider" or "only show brightness slider when panel is expanded", and whichever one you select it only shows when expanded (drag down twice). 

Prior to this update it showed in the notification panel without doing the second expansion. It's broken, it should show when you only drag down once, and it is not.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I see no such option in the display settings for brightness slider always on.  In any case, it's the same thing.  Appearing on the bottom of the quick panel, it *is* always on. That is where it is now in Android 14/OneUI6.0/6.1

0 Likes
yomuppet
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

1000000574.jpg

ā€ƒ

ā€ƒ

1000000573.jpg

ā€ƒyou can see there is no brightness slider showing 

0 Likes
yomuppet
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

1000000572.jpg

ā€ƒyou can see the two options

"Show always" which I have on 

"Only when expanded", which is not what I have on

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

OK, I see it now.  I was looking in the wrong place.  When I set it to show always, it does appear right below the top tier quick controls. I don't know why it doesn't for you.  I don't mind it at the bottom, because I don't change my brightness level. Have you set it that way and then closed out of the settings, or were you checking while still in the settings?.  Try optimizing and rebooting your phone, perhaps something is interfering.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You might try downloading GoodLock from the Samsung store and then the quickstar module and seeing if playing around with that will help.

0 Likes
yomuppet
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you, I optimized, rebooted, tried good lock and quickstar, no change

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Well, if it's really important to you where it's located, you can always try either booting to recovery mode and clearing the cache partition ordoing a last resort factory reset and restoration of backup. Or wait until the next update and see if that fixes anything. I hsve an A54 which shouldn't be that far different from the A35.
0 Likes