JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A35 brightness slider gone from notification panel/drawer after 2024.08.06 update

(Topic created: a month ago)
yomuppet
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

A35, unlocked. Model: sm-a356u1, oneUI 6.1, build up1a.231005.007.a356u1ues3axg3, security patch level July 1, 2024

I did the 2024.08.06 update, and no matter what I do the screen brightness slider is gone from my notification panel. It shows only when I drag down a second time to expand the quick panel a second time, then I can adjust the brightness.

I've rebooted the phone. I've restarted the launcher/home. I've turned "eye comfort shield" off and on again. I've turned dark mode off and on again. I've turned auto brightness off and on again.

I have "show brighness adjustment always" turned on , and I've turned it off, then on again. I've gone into adb and done:

a35x:/ $ settings put system pms_notification_panel_brightness_adjustment 0
a35x:/ $ settings put system pms_notification_panel_brightness_adjustment 1

Nothing seems to work, to get the screen brightness adjustment to show up.

12 Replies
yomuppet
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Recovery-clear-cache didn't work. Ugh. I really don't want to factory reset.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nobody ever wants to do a factory reset. At least with the backup available, it's pretty painless (except if you use Samsung Pay). Like I said, you could always wait for the next update. It's not like you can't adjust the brightness at all.
0 Likes
Solution
yomuppet
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

In case anyone should ever read this in the future, this is the command that fixed it (run the command, then reboot):
~$ adb shell
a35x:/ $ pm install-existing com.samsung.android.mdx.quickboard
Package com.samsung.android.mdx.quickboard installed for user: 0

And the place that I found the answer was here: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneui/comments/1860wd7/one_ui_6_quick_panel_no_brightness_bar_despite/

0 Likes