Original topic:

A53 touchscreen only the corner works with random input until hard restart

(Topic created: 09-18-2024 03:26 AM)
wp35npzdfon4jfgls
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Today after  10 minutes of putting the phone in my pocket, tapping the touchscreen only works on the lower left corner where the back button is located, and tapping it causes inputs at random locations across the screen. For example, if I go to the lockscreen keypad, tapping the back button area will cause random number presses on the keypad.

Double tapping the screen does not turn it on or off.

When the screen is on, swiping works, that's how I was able to get to the lockscreen keypad.  But swiping only works on the 80% of the screen from the left portion.

After a hard restart, with the volume down and power button for 6 seconds, the touchscreen is operating normally again.

It was the first time I've experienced this.

I'm wondering if this is a hardware or software issue, because if it's hardware, I'd like to get it repaired while I still have a month of warranty remaining.

1 Reply
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That would be a soft reset you did as for the issue on the screen it could be a hardware issue or the screen is not recognized the taps i.r TouchPad in other words I would goto settings than device care and run the diagnostic test that will give you a better idea on what could be wrong
0 Likes