Original topic:

A54 Screenshot won't save.

(Topic created: a month ago)
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have the A-54 and i think, but not positive that every since the Android 14 iPhone about 3 months ago i can't screenshot anything. It says wasn't able to save screenshot. I've gone through just about every setting i can think of to try to fix the problem. It is saying in my settings that it's saving to my SD card, but when i try to click on it to try to switch it to save it in internal memory it says unable to open. So does anyone else have this problem? And if not someone please try to walk me through a fix. And at the very bottom of screenshot settings it says where to save it, i've even tried to open that up and go into the internal memory and create a screenshot folder, and even that hasn't fixed the problem. Because 2 sections above is where it is saying that it is being saved to my memory card. But as i stated it won't let me open it up for some reason. 

2 Replies
jlocatell
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

any solution for the issue? do you have one UI 6.0 or 6.1?

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I think with the latest updates they automatically direct photos, videos, screen shots, etc. to an SD card if they detect one is inserted.  I don't remember which setting I changed the other day, but for the first time, a message came up saying something to the effect of "SD card detected, we will use that for storage", I think it asked me to confirm, but I don't know. Since I have the SD card and I prefer for downloads and such to be directed there anyway, it just saved me the trouble of doing it manually.  Perhaps the new updates will no longer allow you to use internal storage for those things if you have an SD card inserted.  See what happens when you remove the SD card, although I don't know why you wouldn't want to utilize the SD card for that. Removing the SD card should force it to default to internal storage.  Consider the possibility that your SD card may be defective. 

Are you trying to see the screen shots in the Gallery or are you going into file manager and checking the SD card's DCIM folder?