JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A54: Unable to share power with another phone

(Topic created: 03-29-2024 12:33 PM)
DaltonE44
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

In the tips app it Saya I can share power with other devices but when my friends phone died I went to turn it on and it wasn't there, if anyone else nows about this please tell me why it is that way

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

From what I see the A54 doesn't have wireless charging which is required to use power share  https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/does-the-samsung-galaxy-a54-have-wireless-charging/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

10 Replies
DaltonE44
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
And I have an a54
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

From what I see the A54 doesn't have wireless charging which is required to use power share  https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/does-the-samsung-galaxy-a54-have-wireless-charging/

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My A53 doesn't have wireless charging, so I'm sure it's the same for the A54.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yeah the A53 and 54 don't include wireless charging or power sharing

0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
True but it can be added. I have the A54 with wireless charge. Cost $15
0 Likes
ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
A wireless charging case or whatever will work well enough, but it's not really the same thing as having wireless charging circuitry built into the device. For one thing, if the wireless charger is external, the phone doesn't KNOW it's being charged wirelessly. Devices with WC built in can adapt how they charge to match the power source. (You can also use WC at the same time as a data connection on the USB-C port, when it's built in.)
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's not a case, it's an external receiver that goes under any case and plugs into to the c port. It has all the circuitry to monitor and adapt wireless charging. I've been using it for over a year on this and my old phone. It works just like the built in.
0 Likes
ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sure, that was the "or whatever" part of my description. There are also cases with the same thing built in. Like I said, they do work, with the down sides that it blocks the USB-C, usually interferes with the device NFC (forgot about that one), and the phone has no indication that it's using wireless charging.
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Qqell it does block the port the phone does know it's using wireless and regulates the flow of power. Nfc works. I've had no issues. It's basono different than what the phone has built in.
0 Likes