Original topic:

Bixby voice opens up inappropriately while using maps and listening to podcasts

(Topic created: 02-02-2019 10:21 AM)
CoquiLime
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi Folks,

I ran into an annoying issue with Bixby yesterday.  I often drive for many hours for work.  To pass the time,  I listen to podcasts using Podcast Republic but broadcast through the car via Bluetooth. At the same time,  I'm using Google Maps for traffic, directions, ETA, etc. Yesterday was my first time doing this after the Bixby Voice install.

During random parts of various podcasts, Bixby would launch as if summoned. (Nothing remotely sounding like "Hi Bixby" was said.) This would cause the screen rotation to go back to portrait mode,  obscure the map,  and shut off the podcast. Then I could only sometimes get it to cancel, as I could only fuss so much while driving. And of course once it did,  I had to restart the podcast. This happened 4 times on a 3 hour drive. 

Anyone else seeing Bixby fire up inappropriately? And very often?

userMQJp8UV32V
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You're a life saver. Was about to lose my mind with this!

0 Likes
userCeVwkxSjLE
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I tried all of the above and Bixby still keeps opening when I'm listening to music, Voice wake up is SWITCHED OFF... Very annoying as this cannot be disabled permanently 😞

0 Likes
user4siZepKPFP
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes it's happened about 3 to 4 times now it's weird 

0 Likes
user4siZepKPFP
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes it's happened about 3 to 4 times now it's weird .can anyone tell me why it's doing this

0 Likes
user4siZepKPFP
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes it's happened about 3 to 4 times now it's weird .can anyone tell me why it's doing this

0 Likes
userTy9rdF9YUm
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Bixby comes on randomly on my Note 8.

And I've never even set it up.

0 Likes
grandcherokee
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Galaxy J7 has been hacked for a while and has already made it clear that its not a good deal for its own sake of my life but I have to do this,I'm to the next one and I will be gone for good if I get rid of it, thata what the hackers sent me

0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It's really intimidating when Bixby pops up randomly interrupting everything.

Here is how to disable Bixby on a Samsung TV.

https://technastic.com/disable-bixby-samsung-tv/

0 Likes
useriJzDl5GXGb
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I found that Bixby turns in while I'm watching TV if it hears the words listen or speak

0 Likes
DatPeacefulGuy666
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
yes happens to me to. I have a galaxy a51 5g bixby will occasionally pop up without me commanding it to. I'm going to try your advice hopefully it works out was just gonna get rid of bixby and stick with Google assistant but it won't let me do that so bixby fixing is the way to go.
0 Likes