Original topic:

Feedback on the Microphone location change.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
reefdiver777
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Why is Samsung doing crazy updates?  First they changed how to add a ringtone to a contact, now they have moved the microphone location.   It was perfectly fine where it was.   Is someone needing to justify their job?   

4 Replies
ClutchMaster
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Because "innovation".
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

What's wrong with the way they improved adding a ringtone to a contact.  I like it, it's much easier than going into full edit mode and scrolling down to the end. I admit it could be a little annoying when you add a contact for the first time, but really not a big issue after you add and save the contact info to just click the menu and add the ringtone.  The microphone placement is an abomination, and I don't even use the Samsung keyboard (I use G-Board, where the microphone sits where it belongs.)

0 Likes
reefdiver777
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Seriously.  Go to Contacts, pick a contact, hit Edit and that's where the option was, A LOGICAL PLACE.  Now it's moved and no notification that it did move or where the option is located.  I know where it is now but why move it?  It was in the correct place before.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I think it's better where it is. But that's my opinion. Not everyone is going to like everything. I think it's more logical where it is now, because sometimes you want to add or change a ringtone on the fly, and it's easier to do it this way than to click the contact and scroll all the way down. Yes, they should have made a notification that the location changed. Ideally, they should have it both places so you can assign it while adding a contact and then easily change or add it later.
0 Likes