JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Forced white background in Live Captions after latest update

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 01:06 PM)
SP1368
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm deaf so this issues is extremely important.

I am having issues with Live Captions on both my A52 mobiles since the latest updates (October '23)

I now have a forced white background on both phones. Normally I have white text with no background at all (Transparent). Since the update, my background preferences are completely ignored by both devices...I am forced to to have a white background.

I contacted Samsung through the members App, they cut me off without sorting the issue...Must have been a tea break!

Anyone else having this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SP1368
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello,

I have found a solution which has worked on both of my A52's.

First of all, back up your phone so you can reinstall your setting later.

Then do a factory reset.

When the reset is complete, reinstall your settings from the back up you did earlier.

This has sorted the issue on both of my phones, although I should say, on one of them, I had to repeat the process for it to work.

Everything is fine now with my live captions...I'm part of the world again!

View solution in context

3 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having this issue. I hope you're able to get it resolved quickly.
0 Likes
Members_OWvnSdV
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same situation + same issue. I notice they have added extra languages but it is now very difficult to read the white text on white background.

Solution
SP1368
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello,

I have found a solution which has worked on both of my A52's.

First of all, back up your phone so you can reinstall your setting later.

Then do a factory reset.

When the reset is complete, reinstall your settings from the back up you did earlier.

This has sorted the issue on both of my phones, although I should say, on one of them, I had to repeat the process for it to work.

Everything is fine now with my live captions...I'm part of the world again!