JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A03 my text messaging

(Topic created: 07-03-2023 09:28 PM)
Jessicam77
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
All of a sudden tonight on my Galaxy A03, I was texting someone and after saying goodnight, he said goodnight. When he said it back there was a bubble on the home screen with his profile photo, nut nothing new has been written. I can't get rid of the bubble head (Like Facebook Messenger has). It won't leave my home screen!!!
0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
Erynne
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
When holding the bubble a X will appear, you just have to hold it over the X for a longer period of time. It's not as fast and easy as with the Facebook message bubble. It will go away the same though if you just hold it over longer.
Jessicam77
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you SO MUCH!!
Jessicam77
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It worked beautifully. You saved the night! 🤣
CrossRoss
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
FYI: you can adjust the bubble setting in Messages settings (can enable it only for specific contacts, all contacts, or no contacts).

Personally, I used the feature for a bit when it was first available, and have since turned it off.

Also (this one is important) if you're using RCS chat you'll notice that sometimes messages won't be delivered over chat, hopefully automatically re-sending as SMS instead (but not always).
If/when this happens, go to the Play Play Store and check for available updates (yes, even if you have automatic updates installed). Messages won't work properly between 2 phones who don't have the exact same updates.
It's super annoying, and VERY hard to figure out unless someone forewarns you. Hopefully this saves you the headache it caused me and my gf.
Erynne
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Awesome. I like the feeling of being a super hero and saving the night! lol.. happy I could help! 😁
Jessicam77
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Do you have the same phone I do?
0 Likes
Erynne
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nope, Same bubbles appear on my Samsung s22 though.