Original topic:

Galaxy A54 Microphone not working properly after update

(Topic created: 03-01-2024 03:34 PM)
deniszabin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello.

So after the big February update, the microphone from my newly bought Galaxy A54 isn't properly working, and it is very frustrating. When sending audio messages in WhatsApp or Instagram the audio isn't always recorded, I have to continuously try to send various audio message until it works. And I've lost various minutes of audio without noticing this. 

Is there a way to fix this? I've already tried restarting the phone with no luck.

19 Replies
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Why did you have to wait until February for the "big" update? Are you talking about receiving to update to Android 14? If so i got my android 14 update back in November from T-Mobile
0 Likes
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
And no I can't help you with that problem, because my A-54 hasn't had any of those issues that your talking about.
0 Likes
deniszabin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I don't know exactly which update it was, but it was an UI update. And I didn't wait for it? The notification showed up, and I'm always updating my phone whenever I receive update notifications.

0 Likes
userabc21
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What is the fix when hotspot isn't working
0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Is it an issue in those apps in particular or is the issue that the microphone doesn't pick up any sound when using it such as during a phone call or while making a video?
0 Likes
deniszabin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It seems to be an issue in calls too, but apparently it starts working again after a while or my voice is very low, because everyone has difficulty understanding it. But in WhatsApp, the problem is that it sometimes doesn't pick any audio, like if my mic was muted. Then I have to restart recording until it works again, it is a bit random, but extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Settings>Security and Privacy> Additional Privacy Controls
Check and see there is microphone access.
Another issue could be the microphone could be blocked by lint or debris if it is across the board using different apps and calls.
0 Likes
deniszabin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My friend which have the same phone also reported the same problem after the latest updates. In Reddit, people with A54 are also reporting the same problem.

0 Likes
uservqtE0eENIf
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I had the same problem. I could only use my my ear buds. I eventually broke down and got an S22
0 Likes