JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is the Samsung Galaxy A6 capable of handling 4G VoLTE?

(Topic created: 07-06-2024 02:56 PM)
Netizen
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Dear Community,

Pls forgive me if the following question has been answered before. So take it easy on me as a newbie to this forum.

Can someone be so kind so tell me if Samsung Galaxy A6 is capable of handling 4G VoLTE?

I am an old guy with limited resources. And I want to be sure before I buy a used A6 (on eBay) that is capable of 4G VoLTE when 3G is switched off where I live.

Thank you so much for being a good community member.

Regards.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

But any phone compatible with 5G is backward compatible with 4G, since 4G is still in use and will be for quite a while, and if 4G goes the way of 3G, then you will have a compatible phone for 5G.  At the risk of being ruled a heretic here, if budget and 4G are your only concern, try BLU - good quality, inexpensive phones but, of course, without any of the features that make Samsung a favored brand.  Sounds like you only need a phone that does some stuff.  

View solution in context

10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Not to get too much into your finances, but what is your price range, as I think you would probably be better off buying a newer A series and won't have the problems that come with buying a used phone (such as the previous owner forgetting to remove it from their account, and other problems like aging technology). If you cannot purchase outright, most carriers have deals which will add a small monthly payment to your phone plan, or outright give you a free one in exchange for staying with them for a period of time (usually 2 years).  I believe Samsung also has financing options. You might want to investigate these options before buying a used device off of e-bay.

Netizen
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Appreciate your valuable time in reply. I think your suggestion is fine. However my cheap subscription plan (equiv. $10/month for unlimited calls + 5G of data) is only available on 4G with VoLTE requirement shortly (and not on 5G) so my option is limited.  Anyway, A6 is out for not compatible with VoLTE.

Thank you so much again.

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

But any phone compatible with 5G is backward compatible with 4G, since 4G is still in use and will be for quite a while, and if 4G goes the way of 3G, then you will have a compatible phone for 5G.  At the risk of being ruled a heretic here, if budget and 4G are your only concern, try BLU - good quality, inexpensive phones but, of course, without any of the features that make Samsung a favored brand.  Sounds like you only need a phone that does some stuff.  

Netizen
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I was not aware of backward compatibility of 5G phones to 4G. Thanks for the education. Still able to learn a few things each day at 69 years of age. šŸ˜.

It's very sound advice. Of course, there is positive r/ship b/w price and up-to-date devices.  

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Eben with 5G capability, a 5G phone is not always in an area with a 5G signal, so it has to be 4G capable. If you get a 5G phone, you just will have to toggle off 5G.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Don't believe the a6 will have 4g vote as for 3g that's been turned off for over a year on USA anyway all the carriers which would apply to any other name using there network a newer model will be your best option a series
Netizen
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I think you're right. A6 is out. Truth be told, unfortunately, I do not live in the US and 3G is going to be shut down in a couple of months where I live. Hence my search for a suitable phone.

I think Galaxy A12 is VoLTE compatible for my needs.  My cheap plan is only available on 4G. (Big telco sold excess capacity on their old 4G network to second-tier company which retails the service at a cheap monthly rate which suits the needs of a 69 years old like me. šŸ˜œ 

Thanks again for your valuable time in replying.

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
OK didn't know if in USA or not only thing I can think of advice wise is if they have a website or a store can look for something there or perhaps find which phones they have that will work if that rambling made sense
Netizen
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks for your post. I did try to look at my second-tier telco but it has very limited info. It mainly sells excess capacity.

You're very polite and humble. Kind regards. Cheers

0 Likes