How can disable this, like I don't want them automatically popping up 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
That's odd. Tap on Customization service and make sure that the toggle at the top of the screen is switched off.

Alternatively, you can go to Settings > General Management > Customization service. Go down the list and make sure that Gallery is turned off.1712965169604.jpg1712965363243.jpg

View solution in context

11 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
In Samsung Gallery, tap the three-lines menu in the bottom right corner.  When the menu opens, tap Settings.  Make sure that Customization Service is turned off.
1712958528572.jpg
userb5q8Dl7jmG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine says not in use?
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
That's odd. Tap on Customization service and make sure that the toggle at the top of the screen is switched off.

Alternatively, you can go to Settings > General Management > Customization service. Go down the list and make sure that Gallery is turned off.1712965169604.jpg1712965363243.jpg
userb5q8Dl7jmG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks that should work, I turned it off.
Options
Galaxy S24
you have to turn on customization on order to turn off customization?? how does that make sense? i don't have any customized apps, so how do i stop samsung gallery from making stories?!
SuperMom1974
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Turn on customization and then go to customization for apps and go down in the menu to gallery and uncheck that box which will stop the stories from popping up, I hate stories as well.
0 Likes
SuperMom1974
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
agreed all you need to turn off is the galleryšŸ‘šŸ¼
0 Likes
userb5q8Dl7jmG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I wanted to report back that this still doesn't work, even though I followed all the steps. Just last night, a story popped up that was made from pictures of my puppies from three years ago. It was a nice memory, but I still don't want these stupid things made automatically.
A53 user
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Gallery started creating these unwanted stories for me recently, even though I have Customization Service turned off completely.  I was reluctant to turn it on in order to turn stories  off, and in the process, give my consent to collection and processing of my data, even temporarily.

I tapped the Stories tab at the bottom right of the Gallery home, and then the three vertical dots top right, which produced a pop-up with two options, Create story and Hide content. Under Hide content I chose Hide dates, which says 'Pictures and videos taken on the selected dates won't appear in automatically created stories'. I set start and end dates in 2000 and 2050 as it's a pretty safe bet I won't still be using my A53 in 2050. Hopefully this will work!