JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Add 32 bit emulator for supporting old apps!

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 08:40 PM)
megapro17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Many people have encountered the problem that a huge number of old applications do not work on their new phone. The reason is that the new snapdragon 8 gen 3 removed support for 32 bit architecture. However, on Xiaomi 14, with the same cpu, everything works perfectly, thanks to the 32-bit emulator built into the system!

https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-14-series-32-bit-app-support-3380733/

Samsung should do the same so that users can use their apps. I demand that the company do this work, it is completely unacceptable that I cannot run the applications that I need. It is necessary for more people to convey the importance of the problem to the company

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

We do want to make it clear that we only host the platform which is your Samsung phone, any compatibility issues with apps that you have, would lie with the developers of those applications. Therefore, you'd need to reach out to these developers to provide this feedback to them directly. 

View solution in context

23 Replies
user_RK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, PLEASE, Samsung, add the emulator support for 32 bit!!!

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Please do, especially for the upcoming Tab S10 next year. Here are the 32-bit apps that I use today.

SCREEN OFF AND LOCK (1st SCREENSHOT)
This app allows you to lock the screen with a single tap, as well as set custom lock and unlock sounds without using root or ADB. You can use Routines to map to the buttons you want. Although the screen animations are broken, the custom sounds still work to this day, though you may need to adjust your media volume. Furthermore, the phone goes to lockdown when this app is triggered, prompting the user to enter their pattern, PIN, or password instead of using biometrics.

ZDCLOCK (2nd SCREENSHOT)
This alarm clock allows you to use photos for your alarms. Furthermore, synchronized vibrations are supported, making it the only 3rd-party app to support it (Samsung and Google Clock do not have such functionality).

Root is a big no-no for Knox, you know. And when Knox is tripped, there is no more Samsung Wallet, Samsung Health, or Secure Folder. ADB is not a problem as long as you handle it properly.Screenshot_20240117_130715_Screen Off and Lock_1000018190_1705525635.pngScreenshot_20231007_000052_ZDclock_1000013684_1696662052.png
qtweeder86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

new s24 ultra owner here - am shocked at how many apps i can no longer use that i used daily on my previous xiaomi 😞 - samsung, please add inbuilt 32 bit emulation software layer 

Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

We do want to make it clear that we only host the platform which is your Samsung phone, any compatibility issues with apps that you have, would lie with the developers of those applications. Therefore, you'd need to reach out to these developers to provide this feedback to them directly. 

Sharkmira
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I can not use my electric scooter app because it's 32 bit, I mean I contact them but it takes time to let them update. It's so annoying

Please support 32 bit

0 Likes
shamill1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Please add 32bit support
luciluci953
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung please please please add 32bit Support or Emulator or something to run 32bit applications..

Darren3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I need to use my 32 bit apps, have reached out to the developer's of the apps I need to use with no response so I need an emulator 

chrisdryan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I hope samsung does this... wouldn't hurt them at all to allow for 32 bit apps while only supporting 64 with a built in emulator.